The benefits driving data warehouse projects have changed, and so have the challenges. To understand where you’re going, you need to understand where you’ve been. That’s why we’ve created this free eBook outlining the history and benefits of the data warehouse.
Traditional data warehouse systems changed significantly as computer performance increased over time. This evolution allowed businesses to collect more data from more sources and ultimately do more with that data.
The incredible pace of change in the data center today is making systems management challenging in new ways. Cloud computing has created new paradigms that align with other trends like Big Data, Virtualization or Security.
We must understand how the data warehouse has evolved—data warehouse history—and the major challenges of these systems to stay competitive in today's data-driven world.
You will learn:
- Key concepts of data warehouse architecture like ETL, ELT, and Data Lakes
- Major data infrastructure trends to be aware of
- Challenges of current analytics systems like systems management, performance constraints and storage optimization
- Cloud economic model: Capital expense vs. Operational expense
- How to implement a cloud-based, end-to-end data management system
- How to alleviate data management challenges through self-optimization
Understand how the benefits of the data warehouse has changed over time. Download the eBook today!